Thursday 9 June 2011

Where's God?

Do you ever wonder where God is in your current circumstances or perhaps in some previous situation?  You wouldn’t be the only one.

I remember going for a walk by the ocean one day, wondering where God was when I needed Him. He said to me: “you wouldn’t expect the ocean not to be there, would you”…. hmmm… “well, I’m just like that, always there”

It’s all in our perception, isn’t it? Whether we believe a truth or not doesn’t change the truth.  And, the truth is that he will never leave us or abandon us. I love the way David puts it in the psalm 139:

Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there, if I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the dawn, if I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, even there Your hand will lead me, and Your right hand will lay hold of me.

 I can look back and see that during the times I thought He’d gone missing, He was really busy working things out for me. I’m continually amazed at the attention He gives to every little detail of my life. I’m really glad that I can’t escape from Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment