Friday 3 June 2011

How do you Imagine God?

I'm sitting in a cafe enjoying an excellent cup of coffee and a yummy brownie and I'm not alone.  God is enjoying it with me.  He is such great company.

 Imagine having a God who isn't interested in everything you do and every moment of your day, who never intervenes, or does anything miraculous. Who never even speaks to you. Imagine a God that you only know from reading about him in a book, who just wants you to go to church, tithe and lead a good life. The sort of God you hear about on Sunday's and then have a "don't call me, I'll call you" type of attitude. Many christians have just such an experience of God.

 He's not like that. He loves us. He wants to be the most vital part of our day, for us to be aware of him every minute, to talk to us and to guide us, and did I mention bless us. To be our best friend. We are his amazing creation and he wants to enjoy what He has made.

No comments:

Post a Comment