Saturday 7 April 2012

The Voice - New Testament by Ecclesia Bible Society

A Review

I have just been reading The Voice. It’s a new translation of the New Testament in modern English with explanations within the text. I suppose it   was written so that those without a religious upbringing could follow and understand the story.

I thought it might be just like all the other newer translations of the New Testament, but I found it to be quite different. I have been an avid reader of the Bible for 60 years and I found this translation to be captivating, easy to read, and the explanations that are added are relevant and easy to follow. All this seems to have been achieved without losing the accuracy of translation which is necessary for this type of work.

I will read it often and I will keep it handy as it will be good to read when I’m caught waiting somewhere. It is a refreshing translation for those who are used to reading the Bible and a great translation for anyone who is not familiar with the Bible at all. The format and the way it is written makes the word of God very understandable for people of any background, I would certainly recommend it to anyone who is seeking to find out what Christianity is all about.

I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment